Textiles...The Why?

I am an extremely curious person.
From a young age I have wanted to understand how things work, and why they work the way they do.

This curiosity has become more apparent through my study of printed and dyeing textiles, both during my degree and now that I work as a Printed Textiles technician.

There are many times when I have tried to find information on why a certain chemical is used, or why a certain process is followed.
People have done research and experiments to come up with these decisions but I am often frustrated by not being able to access that information.
The purpose of this blog is to detail some of the findings of my research and experiments, to share this information an hopefully help and inspire others along the way.

Naturally dyed samples including: Cutch, Madder, Oregano, Basil and Tumeric.


Comments